Eiffel 101: How to Buy and Sell Wide Flange Beams with Eiffel Trading
Wide flange beams, also called W-beams, are a type of high-capacity support material used in temporary support work and structural foundations like the construction of large commercial buildings, bridges, highways, marine structures, and more. Wide flange beams include a central web that connects two parallel end units, known as “flanges.” While the flanges in an h-pile beam are relatively narrow, those in a wide flange are much broader.
Due to the temporary nature of wide flange beams and the high price of steel, the beams retain their value even after many uses and can be uninstalled and resold after a project is complete.
Eiffel Trading specializes in the sale of materials such as wide flange beams to buyers all across North America. When you buy or sell wide flange beams on Eiffel Trading, you’re joining ENR Top 400 companies, rental companies, dealers, brokers and suppliers from all 50 states, plus Canada. Wide flange beams listed for sale on our site is sorted by region and can be bought and shipped outside of a seller’s state. Our online marketplace allows you to list, search for, and purchase wide flange beams 24/7/365.
How to Buy Wide Flange Beams Through Eiffel Trading
Purchasing W-beams is straightforward with our unique “Buy It Now” system.
1. Search Our Steel W-beam Listings or Create a Wanted Listing
New listings for wide flange beams are added to our marketplace every day. You can search our wide flange beams listing or create a free Wanted Listing to find the W-beam that’s right for you. If you’d like more assistance, simply tell us what you’re looking for, and we’ll work with you to fulfill your order.
To get started, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call us 1-800-541-7998.
2. Click the Green “Make an Offer” Button
When you find the wide flange beams that’s right for your project, click the green “Make Offer” button. This will prompt you to sign in or create a free account. Once you’re signed in, you’ll be presented with the option to schedule an inspection or waive the inspection.
3. Choose Whether You’d Like to Schedule an Inspection for the W-Beams
Before making an offer on a wide flange beams listing, Eiffel Trading gives you two options:
• Schedule Inspection – This option connects you with the seller to schedule an in-person inspection.
• Waive Inspection and Make Offer – If you choose to waive the inspection, it means you’re satisfied with the information provided by the seller and would like to begin the purchasing process without an in-person inspection.
4. Review the Freight and Logistics for Transporting the Wide Flange Beams (Optional)
If you’re looking to finalize your budget before making an official offer, click the blue “Request Freight Quote” button on the item page.
- We have a network of freight partners to assist in the relocation of wide flange beams at a competitive rate.
- Freight quote requests can also be made by emailing email@example.com or calling 1-800-541-7998.
- Requesting a freight quote does not obligate you to make an offer on the item.
5. Make Your Official Offer on the Wide Flange Beams
After you’ve officially made an offer on your chosen wide flange beams, the offer will be presented to the seller. The seller can then decide to accept, reject, or counteroffer.
- If the seller accepts your offer, you and the seller have entered into a contract to purchase the items. No other offers will be accepted.
- If the seller proposes a counteroffer, you will have to accept, reject, or counter their offer. This process will continue until you both reach an agreement.
Please note that all items listed on our site are in the possession of the seller. Eiffel Trading does not hold any physical inventory.
How to Sell Wide Flange Beams on Eiffel Trading
Eiffel Trading has an extensive network of prospective buyers from all 50 states, plus Canada. Selling steel wide flange beams on Eiffel Trading is 100% free. Sellers never pay a listing or commission fee. Your only responsibility is to help ensure the purchased wide flange beams is transported to the buyer. Your wide flange beams will not leave your possession until the sale is complete.
You can list your wide flange beams today in a few easy steps.
1. Choose a Listing Price for Your W-Beams
To determine a price that will move your wide flange beams quickly, consider the pile’s value based on its age, visual signs of wear, and if there’s corrosion or damage. W-beams in better condition can be sold for a price closer to the original cost, while older beams with more wear should be discounted. Furthermore, look at other wide flange beams listing in similar physical condition to yours and note their asking prices to help determine a competitive listing.
Still need help? Our staff is available to help. To get started, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call us 1-800-541-7998.
2. List Your Wide Flange Beams on Eiffel Trading’s Marketplace
Creating a listing on our marketplace costs nothing and requires no obligation. When you sell your materials on Eiffel Trading, you retain all selling rights, and you can edit or remove the listing any time you choose.
When listing your W-beams for sale, remember these tips:
- Take photos of the beams in good light from every angle.
- Make note of flaws like corrosion or wear and tear.
- Fill out the listing form in its entirety to ensure you’re answering the questions buyers ask most frequently.
3. Receive Offers on Your Wide Flange Beams
Once you’ve listed your W-beams for sale on Eiffel Trading, you’re ready to receive offers. Our experienced staff handles all communication with potential buyers until an inspection is requested or an offer is made. We can also answer questions from potential buyers on your behalf to help streamline the process and move your materials more quickly.
- When an offer comes in that meets your pricing criteria, you’ll be notified right away and will have the option to accept, reject, or propose a counteroffer.
- If you choose to counter the initial offer, the buyer will have the option to accept, reject, or counter.
4. Accept an Offer for Your Used Wide Flange Beams
When you accept an offer from a buyer, you and the buyer have officially entered into an agreement to complete the transaction and the wide flange beams is ready to be loaded out and transported to the buyer. Transportation costs and Eiffel Trading’s commission fees are all paid by the buyer. After the sale is complete, your only responsibility is to work with our team and the buyer to arrange the load out!
Buy and Sell with Eiffel Trading
Did you know that used structural steel is our bread-and-butter? In addition to selling used w-beams, we also boast used steel plates, used sheet pile, used pipe pile, used h-pile beams, and much more.
Ready to sell your used heavy equipment or construction material? List your products today for free on Eiffel Trading’s online marketplace.
If you have any questions or would like additional information, please call us at 1-800-541-7998 or email email@example.com.